Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Orientation at Reading University, LondonI

currently wearing the eye mask that Josel gave me for Christmas.

It's currently 5.30AM right now, and 4.30PM Sydney time. I think I'm pretty much jetlagged, I woke up last night around 12AM. I slept around 6PM though. Didn't go to dinner or entertainment with the others, 'cos they were drinking, and I just don't trust myself with that, just yet. But maybe later, haha. Anyways, the orientation was pretty good. Had breakfast when we arrived, and then after that, had free time to walk around the university. (Photos are up on my facebook). Had lunch, and right after had a welcoming talk by the staff and a safety talk by the police. Just made me more conscious as what to do while I'm here now, in terms of travelling and what not. Then had another talk by the local representatives that will look after us at our placement. Set up a bank account, and then went straight to our rooms and go to dinner, except I didn't go 'cos I just crashed. Haha. That's pretty much it for yesterday. However, today we have a little more to do, and then we get sent to our placements around lunch time, or after that. I actually don't know when I'll be able to use the internet again, so this may be my last post for a day or two. And I'm pretty sure that I start work at my placement tomorrow. I'm so excited!!

Love from,
Serenity :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment