Friday, January 14, 2011

First day of work

Honestly, I don't think I would call it work anymore. I just love it, and it's become more of a passion and a lifestyle - also considering the 14 hours a day that I 'work'. I woke up 6AM in the morning to take a shower, and just surfed the internet a little bit, after that, I heard the girls in the dorm wake up, and sing one of them Happy Birthday as she woke up. Was so sweet of them to do that. Then headed downstairs for breakfast do to the morning duty of serving the kids their meals. After that, I had Pre-prep (5 to 8 year olds) in the classroom, followed by division 3 (year 3) reading lessons. Right after that I had division 8 maths, although they had a test and let me off for the lesson. The other gappy and I had duty for the morning break in the playground. Then after I had pre-prep lessons which were maths and a bit of art. Had lunch with pre-prep. It's so cute, that they all fight to hold my hand as we walk across the school, so I have about 8 kids all linked together, walking away. I had playground duty with pre-prep, it was actually quite chilly outside but they were all having fun. And it felt really nice to be around them too. Some kept dobbing on each other about silly little things like 'he won't let me play with her' or 'I don't know how to un-tie these ropes'. It's just nice to be able to give legit advice to such small problems, and know that it will be fixed, rather than causing drama. After this break that I have right now, I've got division 3 reading again then for the rest of the afternoon, I'm at the nursery. Not sure what I'm doing there, then have duty for the activites, then cooked tea at 5PM in the dining room. There are going to be no boarders this weekend (as well with all weekends, so we've got free time). I think this weekend the headmaster and his wife are going to be taking myself along with the other gappy around Norfolk, Kings Lynn, and yeah, I'm not sure yet.

But yeah another upside, we might also be getting to meet the Queen. She stays at Sandringham Palace in the Winter. The previous year gappys got to meet her and gave her flowers with Australian flags within them. So I'm also looking forward to that.

I hope everything is going well and fine in Sydney, as well as Toowoomba and Rockhampton! So all respects to Rocky and Toowoomba (:

Love from
Serenity :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment