Sunday, March 6, 2011

Unwritten

Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find.. Reaching for something in the distance so close you can almost taste it, release your inhibitions, feel the rain on your skin. No one else can feel it for you. Only you can let it in. No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips. Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.. - Natasha Bedingfield

It's almost down to the two month mark down that I've been away from home. Time is so precious. I don't even know where it's gone. I've honestly been so busy lately. I haven't even had the time to skype my bestest friends, or talk to them in a proper conversation that would last longer than ten to fifteen minutes. And I really don't want to be spending all weekend on my laptop. Yesterday morning, the school had an open day, so we had to help out with the activities and supervise those kids that had no other staff members with them. Right after it finished, I went for a walk down town, and also along the coast. Although it was extremely cold, it was nice to breathe in fresh sea air. And there were people there surfing, it was insane, but I guess it's normal weather to them. Also did some grocery shopping, didn't spend too much which was good. Headed back to the boarding house, and only had a few hours to spare. So I got my laundry washed and dried within two hours. Had dinner, and then got picked up by a mother who wanted me to babysit her children for the night. I got to the house and was absolutely amazed by how big it was, and how traditionally English the house was. I got to know the kids as soon as I got there, and they were absolutely well mannered and sweet. I had to babysit a 6, 10 and 15 year old. The two older ones were just doing their own thing, and I was there to make sure that they were safe and well behaved. The youngest, I had to play with, so we played dress ups, and dressing up dolls. We also played a few board games, such as monopoly and scrabble. Haha, I noticed that on Monopoly, the stops/places were places in London, such as the Ritz Hotel, which is supposedly the most expensive to buy on Monopoly, is one of the first class/five stars Hotels in London, which is near Green Park tube station. It was fun feeling like a child again. I had to put the youngest to sleep at 9pm, but it took about 5-8 books of reading for her to feel sleepy enough to sleep. The other two stayed up for a little longer, and got to sleep around 10-11pm. I had a few hours to myself before the parents came back home. So I watched cable tv. I was so amazed at how many channels there are. There's about more than 6 channels just of Disney, all with different shows/movies on each one. But I ended up watching "He's just not that into you", and just in time when it finished, the parents came home, and they sent me back with a taxi that they've already paid for. I seriously appreciated it so much, considering that the drive back to school from their house took about 20 minutes or so. And on top of that, I also got paid for the babysitting. So now, I've got extra money to spend for the April holidays, but I honestly want to save it up for the Summer holidays which goes on for two months. So I'm planning to pay for my July spendings, which I haven't decided on what to do yet. I am planning to meet up with a friend from home, who I'll hopefully get to see in Paris. I'm so excited for that! So yeah, other than me being so busy, that's all for now I guess. :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment