Tuesday, March 8, 2011

There's always gonna be another mountain, and I'm always gonna wanna make it move

I've literally been so motivated since I've been here. Motivated in all aspects of life. So I'm happy, obviously. But just a little rant... Just before UAC sent out university offers.. a lot of people were literally hoping/praying/doing everything possible to try to get into university, but now that they're in it, they're complaining about it and what outs? Have no idea how it feels, but wouldn't you want to be proud of what you've worked for? I know that the Australian government had a little complain earlier this year about the amount of deferrals/gap years that students have taken. But in all honesty, out of all the decisions that I've ever made in my entire life - this one has got to be the best that I've ever made. I know that even if I did accept going to university, I would've ended up in a course that I'm uncertain of finishing, hence the lack of motivation that I would've had, IF I decided to do that. And even though I 'lag' by a year behind my friends, I don't really mind, because in the end, it doesn't matter how long it took you to get there. Not one person will bother that it took you five or six years to become a nurse, or ten years to become a doctor, because in the end... you'll have the same qualification as to another person with the same occupation, who did it the 'normal length' of time. I'm happy with where I am, so you don't have to worry about me too much :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment