Monday, March 28, 2011

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Ever wondered about that point in time back in the last year of high school... where everything was happening, pressure was on, friendships were getting harder and harder to maintain, and at a moment when you were most vulnerable, you felt like you were just going to let go, give up and walk away? I know I've felt like that countless number of times. And I thought I just kept re-hearing the lines "don't worry, let time take it's role".

But now that I know that's true, it's a whole new different story.

I guess I would just basically say that I was scared and insecure to move forward with life. And honestly.. who isn't? Who isn't afraid to take the leap and try something out of their comfort zone? We all are, but we just don't always have the courage to admit it. I know by far, that the biggest challenge I have, besides travelling, is moving on with life. I can truthfully say right now, that heck yes I'm scared of the future and anything else ahead of me, but I sure am looking forward to everything else that is yet to come my way, whether that be good or bad. Because in every new experience we have, there is always a valuable lesson, and whether the experience was worthwhile or not, what we get out of it is what matters the most.

We all have our expectations and disappoints in everything we do, but what happens when you expect nothing, you could end up with nothing in return. It's not like we're just going to sit back, relax, expect nothing, and put no effort into what we want in the end. And because of that, we'll all end up disappointed at the end of everyday, before going to sleep, knowing that we did not try at all. It's come to now, that I've let go of the rest of the world acting as my conscience and making decisions for myself, instead of thinking of what's best for myself. What someone else might think may be the 'best thing to do', because it's what they would do, may not necessarily be the best thing for you to do. And mind you, it's tough. I've never really had to make decisions such as these on my own.

Who I became friends with was just automatically, who I clicked with, who stayed, and who never left. But it's just not like that anymore. Now that everyone has been apart because of university and other plans in life, it all comes down to who makes the effort to be able to maintain the friendship, who makes effort to check up on each other, who makes the effort to even consider the other person a friend? It's hard to tell sometimes, and since then, I've just had major trust issues with people. But I've come to realise that I've only put that wall against myself because I was scared that certain things would happen again. But why let the past dictate future actions?

My heart is content, now that I can say,
good riddance to bad rubbish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment