Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Be the person you wanna find, don't be a nickel out here lookin' for a dime.
~ Statistics, Lyfe Jennings ~

Sometimes, it's just hard to find motivation to do things, such as getting up in the morning, to going to school or work, also to get to sleep at night. I find it a challenge, as a teacher's assistant to find inspiration and motivation to give to the students. It's just a constant cycle of give and take. Sometimes, we have to give others inspiration and motivation in order for us to learn something from it, or vice versa. A child asked me one time.. "Why do you bother with the children that don't listen?" And I mean, it's for their own good that we teach them a lesson. And I do believe education starts at a young age. That even though a parent may be the first teacher to a child, it's a teacher's duty to educate them, so that they may learn to become a better person as they grow older. And it feels good to see it through a different perspective. But on the other hand, it feels really good to be inspired. And in saying that.. the 'real world' out there is tough. But by stepping out of my usual comfort zone, and the things that I'm normally doing, and going into something that I've never done before, that I've never been to has taught me a lot of lessons. Everyone that I've met here and while I've been travelling are all wonderful and helpful people. Although no matter how much you do for someone, no matter how much effort you put into making someone happy, they're not always going to appreciate it. They may not even realize your intentions. But that's reality. In the world out there, the world that we live in, no one is ever obliged to make another person feel happy or good about themselves. But when you're forced to do that, in the end, you're the only one searching for your own happiness. And through my eyes, I've found that you've got to make your own happiness. You can search through and through, country to country, person to person. You're not going to find it if you're only searching for it. People often say that they 'want to go out into the world to find themselves'. Although honestly, it's not the world that they find themselves in, it's the world that helps them create the person they are. It is through this school that I've actually learnt how to be patient. And it's through travelling on my own that I've gained a lot more confidence. It is a challenge, but it's a challenge that I love going through.
And it's through my eyes that I've come to realize... that the world out there isn't that tough, and that nothing is as bad as it ever seems to be.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment