Monday, February 14, 2011

Blogging before bedtime

- all photos taken with my samsung digital camera -

The two books that I'm currently reading right now.

----

The valentine's day card that one of my closest friends - Josel mailed me. I was so excited this morning when I found it in my pigeon hole! So thank you for that 'sel, totally appreciate it heaps! Thank you !

---

A girl named Molly gave this to me this morning.

---

As I said in my previous blog, I had a very good valentine's day this year.
But I guess that I'm blogging once again to just kinda get a few things off my chest. It's not so negative, but I just need somewhere where I can just spill the beans. I think it was a few blogs ago, though it was a recent blog, I mentioned that I can kinda feel that I'm drifting away from so many people back home. And the quote:
"Sometimes it's better to hang onto the people that seem to care about you more than the people you try to care for."
just seems to make me contemplate more and more. In all honesty, I know that I take a lot of risks in my life, many in which may not be the right ones, or ones that just simply break me into pieces in the end, but in all.. they make me stronger as a person - no matter what it was. But when it comes to friendships... I admit, it's one of my weaknesses, losing a good friend because of mistakes made, or just simply drifting from them because of distance and time. And to what certain extent can we be saying "If they were really true friends, they would be here right now" kind of thing? Because we just can't. True friendships endure all pains, whether they be separation, fights, or just simply having to make time and effort in seeing/communicating with one another. I can truthfully say that I do care for a lot of people now more than I have ever cared for others before. But I guess I've learnt that it's true what they say.. you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Took me a long time to learn, but I've realized the true meaning of appreciation. And it's more to it than just saying 'thank you'. Even though I am literally more than 11,000 miles away from home, I still do wonder what my friends are up to, how they're going. Though it does make me miss everyone a lot more when I see photos, or find out things that I'm missing out on. It's just turned me off from using facebook for a while now.

What I also love is having to deal and sort out all the issues in the playground. Not that I love the fact that kids are going through 'rough times', but just learning from them, and knowing that everything isn't always as bad as it seems. I mean, two kids will have a huge fight, run up to me, yell and scream their side of the story, but then when I tell the both of them to calm down, and that it would be a wise decision to just stop, walk away, and find someone else to play with, they immediately have a smile on their face, skip/run away as if nothing ever happened. Or when a child from reception (kindergarten) runs up to me, with tears flowing down their face, I ask them what's the matter? And they just pour their eyes out saying "I want mummy" or "I want daddy", but all they really want in the end is a little cuddle, and it makes everything alright again. I honestly, as in wholeheartedly miss the innocence. Ignorance is bliss. And in reality, the older generation of the world just don't really seem to see it, or are just blind to the fact that not everything is as bad as it seems.

Independence - It amazes me how independent most of these children are. From the age of 7, they can literally live life without having to depend on anyone else for that matter. They can do the washing, are very good at managing their time - in terms of studying and homework and such. And mind you, I'm talking about 7 - 13 year olds. Honestly kinda makes me feel sorry for those I know that aren't so good with that kinda thing, and are 18 year olds already. (This isn't pointed out to any friends in particular - just people I know, but aren't friends with). So yep, I've learnt a lot since I've been here. And I'm really keen on getting my P-plates as soon as I get back in Australia, after I do a whole tour of Australia and a Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. Honestly it embarrasses me, when I tell people that I'm from Sydney but I haven't done a bridge climb before. So yeah, that's pretty much on the top of my to-do list as soon as I get back.

I think that's all I've got to say for tonight. My head feels a whole lot lighter since I've been writing this blog, so that's on a positive note. I'll keep in touch and updated with this blog later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment