Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Apologizing

A little girl ran up to my this morning while I was on playtime duty and started pouring her eyes out with tears, asked for a cuddle. So I sat down with her by the bench, calmed her down a little and asked what was wrong. She told me that she told one of the other teachers a lie, and that she's crying because she didn't want to get in trouble at home. So to compromise with her, I told her that I'd take her into the classroom when playtime finishes so that she can apologize to the teacher. Her face was strawberry red, literally. So we walk in and apologized. Everything was a-okay.

I miss having the days when saying 'sorry' and not doing it again was enough to make everything better again. But a lot of people have depreciated the meaning of it, and now we've got to work for the trust again. Oh wells, to me, I guess that apologizing doesn't always mean that you are wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship/friendship over your ego. And this girl is a living example of that. So I thank her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment