Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello Hunstanton

Hello fellow bloggers, sorry I’ve been a-wol for a few days or two. After the orientation on Tuesday around lunch time, we all got sent to our placements. My gap partner and I took the second bus to Reading station along with all the other gappys (Gap Year Students) and took a train to Kings Lynn which bought us here to Hunstanton (Hon-stan-ton). We took the train from Reading to Paddington, then changed to go into Kings Cross, in London, and took a train straight to Kings Lynn via Cambridge. It took about two hours altogether (without the waiting time). But a lovely lady picked us up from Kings Lynn station to take us to the school which we’ll be working at. We arrived at the school, and got introduced to a few boarders who took us on a little tour up to the dorms, where the boarders sleep in the nights, but we both got a separate room to ourselves which we share. After that, we had dinner with the boarders and had a little quiz. It was quite fun actually, a little bit of getting used to with the accents and names and what not, but it was fun – good to get over the jetlag. But after that, we just went straight up into the room, unpacked a little bit and just slept.

This morning, I woke up around 5AM, then unpacked everything out of my bags and into the wardrobe and fixed my room a little bit. I should tell my mum about posting a few things, but I should probably get settled in here before any of that. The showers were pretty good as well, just a little adjustments like adding a shower curtain would be good. We had breakfast with the boarders this morning, got introduced to staff, and shown around to the carpark for carpark duty. I found out that our hours that we’ll be working would be from 7.30AM to 7.30PM, 12 hours a day, for 5 days. But I know it’ll be rewarding, and fulfilling. It’ll keep us busy and not bored, etc. I love it and it’s fun. After that, we took a tour around the school, introduced to more staff members and what not. It’ll take a while getting used to, but yeah, fulfilling and rewarding, and on the up-side we get paid. We can also chose to do babysitting jobs on the weekends, and also during a few days in the holidays to get extra money, and mind you, these are kids who are getting sent to a boarding house, rich kids, good houses. So that’s something to look forward to as well.

But at the moment, as I’m writing this blog, it’s 2.18PM, and we should be going on a tour around Hunstanton soon, so I’ll leave it at that and add a little bit more later.

Love from

Serenity (: xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment