Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Aussie day in the U.K

Anyways, I had such a fun Australia Day, the COLDEST Australia day I’ve ever had in my life. Started with nursery in the morning, which was a bit challenging, seeing as it’s the time of day where the kids just cling on to their parents before they leave the children there. Followed by pre-prep, which I did reading with for an hour, and then lunch, then playtime, they coloured posters, made Australian cards, and also sang Australian songs (which also reminds me of breakfast this morning, a ‘mini-concert’ of Australian songs being play). Also had an assembly, not a very Australian one, but one about the history of Europe and World War II, which makes me lean towards the decision of the ANZAC day (week) tour to Gallipoli in April. Had sport games with the kids out on the field (and please note that it is about minus two degrees celcius outside), there was a boy crying because he thought it was just soooo cold, so the coach told me to run around the field with him about ten times, pretty much a workout for me, but for him – he just couldn’t take it. So we went inside to clear up the boot-room. Haha. Anyways, after that, I had tea time club with nursery, then cooked tea with the boarders and the older ones. The headmaster had a little talk with him, and then (note that this is about 6PM and the sun sets at 4PM) we played hide and seek around the school. Omgd, it was just simply FUN!!! I don’t even know how to describe it, but I haven’t had that much fun since ages.....!!! Played that for an hour, then around 7PM, we played murder in the dark in the hall. Hahha, so fun! I don’t actually think I’d be able to play that with anyone else but the kids here, so that’s definitely something I’m going to miss when I leave... We then headed up to the boarding house, and had pavlova for pudding. Ehhe, a very very Australian Australia Day for me!

It feels weird seeing two different personalities with the kids, even though I know I was like that before.. it just feels weird looking at it from a different perspective. Some of them are telling me their secrets and things about each other. And just remind yourself that these are kids from 5 to 13 year olds.. ahha, just amazes me. But I’m really appreciating the value of education, as corny and as cocky as that sounds, honestly... I don’t want to start university yet. And I know that the things I’ll be learning in school would not compare to how much these kids are teaching me about life. I guess it’s a win win situation, I teach them what they should know, they teach me values. And in all honestly, it’s motivating me so much to do better in school when I do get back, I do wish I could’ve done better, but even if I have done better... I know I would not be here right now. I would’ve probably been starting university, having to deal with ‘annoying enrolments’ and what not... I’m still pinching myself every morning, bracing in the fact that I wake up in England every morning. And this is just the sixteenth day that I’ve been here. I suppose not much has changed back home? I think, well honestly I don’t know.

I will tell you that there were just a few things annoying me about a few people. One in particular... the fact that they just never really talked to me before I left, and now that I’m here, they just constantly talk and talk... and truthfully, I don’t have much time during my day to sit and chat (which is night time in Sydney.), I mean.. honestly? Do you really need the internet to act as a fence between us ALL THE TIME? I don’t even know if I meant anything to that person or not, or I was just simply pushed to the side or whatever. But I’m glad I haven’t been homesick recently, so I’ve settled in quite well. And I am quite looking forward to meeting new people again, soon!

And yes, my formspring is opened: http://www.formspring.me/serenescape

Love from

Serenity :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment